Out 2 Lunch
Out 2 Lunch is a program that encourages students to engage with their faculty members outside of class and over casual conversation, which maximizes the UA community. In partnership with Bama Dining, first-year students are given two meals to use towards taking a faculty member out to lunch with the goal to increase informal interaction and therefore improve their transition to The University of Alabama.
The Out 2 Lunch Experience:
- Student invites his/her faculty to lunch, coffee, etc.
- The pair chooses an on-campus dining facility to enjoy a meal and engage in dialogue
- Student uses a guest meal (or dining dollars if they do not have a meal plan) to cover the faculty&s meal
- Student and faculty enjoy dialogue
- Student visits fye.ua.edu to complete an assessment of the experience
- If faculty has feedback of the experience or suggestions for improvement, email email@example.com
- Once the assessment is complete, Bama Dining will credit the student for the meal or dining dollars used to cover the faculty's meal
Suggestions for Conversation Topics:
- Class material or an assignment
- How the faculty’s academic career has developed
- Why the faculty member came to The University of Alabama
- What the faculty enjoys about teaching in their discipline
- The faculty’s current research
- The student’s career goals or aspirations after graduation
- Hobbies, UA sports, or anything else!
Out 2 Lunch "Go-to" Faculty/Staff
This list contains names and contact information of faculty and staff members who have volunteered to be available for any first-year freshman or transfer student who wishes to participate in Out 2 Lunch
Click here to view this list