The mission of First Year Experience is to support the successful academic and social transition of new students to The University of Alabama community. We will accomplish our mission through the following goals:
- Connect with students during their academic and social transition period.
- Introduce first-year students to the University's resources, policies, procedures and services in order to ease the transition to the University.
- Empower students to connect to the University community, explore opportunities and become engaged in activities that support academic and personal growth.
- Foster a feeling of belonging to the UA community for first-year students.
- Provide and support communication, programming, and resources for the benefit of all first-year students.